The Umbwe Route is well-known for being the most challenging route of them all on Mount Kilimanjaro and is less visited compared to others. Umbwe is a direct, yet steep and short route to the summit. This route’s difficulty makes this route good for experienced hikers and mountain climbers who are confident in their ability to acclimatize quickly to altitude and are looking for a challenge.
The Umbwe Route is only available as a 6 Days trek and is only recommended for experienced hikers in good physical shape.
1. Transfers to and from the accommodation in Moshi to start and exit gate.
2. Park fees, camping fees, rescue fees for non-resident adults (please request reduced rate for kids below 15 years)
3. Guides, porters and chefs.
4. Three meals a day on the climb.
5. Full camping facilities, including mattress and sleeping bags, except for personal gear (available for rental at our office)
6. Oxygen tank, frequent oxygen and pulse checks during the climb.
8. Airport transfers
9. Pre-briefing & equipment check one day prior to the climb at the guest’s hotel/hostel in Moshi.
10. Free city tour (walking) on the free day prior to the climb.
1. Accommodation before and after the climb (can be organized).
2. Tips to crew (check our sheet for recommended tipping in our Climbing Faqs).
3. Travel insurance.
4. All items of personal nature.
5. Beverages and laundry except where shown.
6. Personal mountain climber gear (available for hire).
6 Days, Umbwe Route
|NO. of PAX in one group||1 PAX||2-3 PAX||4-6 PAX||7+ PAX|
|Price pr. Person||$1,793||$1,508||$1,375||$1,314|
(255) 715 820280